1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook gnocchi according to package instructions; drain well.
Optional: After cooking, toast gnocchi in a 425°F oven by drizzling with oil and leaving in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
2. Cook shrimp, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet. Add shrimp; season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste.
3. For sauce, add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Stir in chicken stock (or wine) and lemon juice.
4. Bring to a boil; reduce heat & simmer until reduced by half. Add in remaining 6 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons at a time, until melted and smooth.
5. Stir in gnocchi and shrimp, and gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
6. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley leaves if desired.