1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until cooked; drain and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the sausage meat and brown over moderately high heat, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Be sure to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom during this process.
4. Add the cream, mustard, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Remove the skillet from the heat, add the pasta and basil and toss. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving.