1. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cut French bread into 8-10 slices. Each slice should be about 1-inch thick.
3. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, melted butter and maple syrup. Spread this mixture into the bottom of the baking dish.
4. Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of the brown sugar mixture.
5. Arrange bread slices on top of pecan layer. Fit slices snuggly, but do not overlap.
6. Whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour the egg mixture evenly over bread layer.
7. Cover with a layer of aluminum foil. Then pop it in the fridge overnight (for at least 8 hours).
8. When ready to enjoy, preheat the oven to 350°F and bake 35-45 minutes.